Friday, March 27, 2015

Friday Fury

Hey ya'll.  It's Friday again, and as I'm writing this it's blowing the snow here in Cruso.  I'm soooo ready for spring, but it looks like these mountains aren't ready for it yet.  Had a busy, yet good day at work today, followed by dinner with the fam and a couple of friends at the new 209 Haywood Cafe in Clyde.
 I definitely give them a thumbs up.  Good country food and great atmosphere.

A couple days ago, I finished my Santa Redwork project.  I believe I'm going to take the Santa and trim him up square, then border it with some Christmas Reds, then maybe a cream and then another round of the reds.  This is definitely a new favorite project of mine.  I'm loving the redwork and how it comes together.  For those of you who are into the handwork and embroidery, let me give you a tip from Delores Storm of Lakadaisies Design.  I didn't use the traditional Embroidery floss such as DMC.  She suggested the use of Sulky's Cotton Petites in their Turkey Red.  The Sulky brand in a 12-wt, doubled works great.  You don't have to separate strands, worry about it bleeding when washed, or anything.  It is very simple to use.  Just make sure you get the Cotton Petites.



I haven't had much time in the last few weeks to work on "Linked Up", but it won't take much to have the top finished and ready for you!  I'm excited to get this first pattern finished and ready for you to enjoy.

Well, now that I'm home, I'm headed into the studio to clean up a bit and finish unpacking all of my stuff from Tennessee.  I've sewn out of my travel tote for a week, and I'm tired of it!  Gonna work on some of my class projects and hopefully finish those up within the next couple of weeks.

Alright, have a good night, and if you're in the mountains, enjoy the snow.

Until next time, quilt on!

No comments:

Post a Comment