Wednesday, December 26, 2018

Good Tidings of Great Joy

Happy day after Christmas everyone!  I hope and pray that each of you had a wonderful Christmas holiday season and that your days were filled with family, friends, and of course our Lord Jesus Christ!  Without Him there is no CHRISTmas.
My Christmas was wonderful.  From, church on Sunday to Christmas Eve gatherings with my best friend and her husband to Christmas morning with my parents and then my extended family yesterday afternoon.  It has been a busy last few days.

I gifted a quilted table runner to a friend a couple weeks ago.  Yesterday, I had the pleasure of gifting a Hunter's Star quilt that I made this year.  My mom's family draws names to buy for one person since there are so many of us.  I typically make a quilt for whomever I get and this year was no different.  To stay in our price limit, I always piece the quilt out of my stash (since I didn't buy that fabric specifically for the quilt, I don't count that).  I limit myself to buying only what is absolutely necessary to stay in the price limit.  This year, I bought the border/binding fabrics and the batting.  Works for me and its easier for me than shopping the stores.

I didn't get a picture of Mitch with his quilt, but I believe he was very happy!

I was gifted two nativities this year for Christmas.  That brings my nativity count to 16!  I love the variety that I have in the nativity sets, the different shapes, colors, and setups.  From my quilted nativities, to the nativity in my Christmas village.  There are many to study and think about the joy that was birthed so many years ago.


Once we got home from the family gathering in Weaverville, I commenced to piecing on Bonnie Hunter's Good Fortune mystery.  I was a couple clues behind and determined to catch up before I have to go back to work tomorrow.  I am happy to


say that I caught up today!!!  Finished with Clues 4 and 5 and ready for Clue 6 on Friday.  If you haven't check out Bonnie's blog and the Good Fortune mystery, you can here.

It's back to work tomorrow and Friday.  Saturday will be destined for restoring the house to some semblance of order without ALL of the Christmas decor about.  That is not my favorite chore of the year by any means, but what goes up must come down.  Even Mr. Christmas has to put things away and continue with the year.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you had a wonderful Christmas! I hope your New Year is happy too

    ReplyDelete