Saturday, January 16, 2016

Set to Sew Saturday

Hey ya'll.  I'm off from work today,  and I got up this morning set up to sew.  I've not had much time to sew this week.
 Tuesday was our Club's meeting and we had purchased a new washing machine that was to be delivered sometime Tuesday evening.  Well, in order to get the new machine in it's place, I had to rearrange most of my studio and put everything to one side.  I did leave my cutting table accessible so that I could still do some cutting on my Pigeon Forge project.  I managed to get all of the dark strips cut and bagged for the project on Tuesday.  I was scheduled to be off work on Wednesday, but was called in first thing Wednesday morning.  No sewing for me on Wednesday.  Thursday and Friday were work days as well, so unfortunately I've not had much time.  I'm off today, so my calendar said sew, sew, sew!
The first piece of lint from under the bobbin!  Yeah, I think
it was ready to be cleaned out.

I sat down at my machine this morning to get sewing.  I sewed the start of the first blocks together and realized that my machine wasn't sewing well.  I thought, re-threaded the machine and still not much luck.  I decided to see if it needed to be cleaned out.  I cleaned it well before I began Allietare, but I've not cleaned it since and let me tell you, it really needed cleaning out.



I got the machine cleaned out after using the brush, a toothbrush (which works well) and the vacuum cleaner.  My machine was in desperate need of a cleaning.  Once the machine was cleaned out and all put back together, I commenced to sewing.  The machine was humming along and I was getting several blocks sewn (22 to be exact).  About 45 minutes later, I had several rows onto my Log Cabin units and our driveway alarm went off announcing that someone was coming.  I got up to go into the living room and some long-time family friends were pulling up.  This was 10:45.  Well, needless to say, I couldn't be rude and continue sewing and be totally anti-social, so I turned off the light and went to visit.  They left just after 1:00.  I grabbed a quick bite to eat and went with dad to get some wood for the stove and wrestle the dog to get her flea and tick treatment.

I got sewing around 2:00 and finished another two rows onto the log cabins.  Well, looks like that's all I'm getting done for now.  I decided to come do a blog post and we're meeting some friends for supper so no sewing until later tonight.  I work tomorrow, but the bright side is I'm off Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday, so hopefully I can get lots of power sewing in then!

Have you sewed today?

Until next time, quilt on!

2 comments:

  1. What kind of machine do you have?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Beth. I sew on a Brother Cs-6000i. I got it a number of years ago from Walmart. Inexpensive but I love it!

      Delete