Wednesday, March 22, 2017

Quiltfest Day 2

Hey ya'll from a slightly chilly Pigeon Forge.  Today has been a whirlwind of a day.  Jackie and I boarded the bus at 9 am for a bus tour of historical churches in Sevier County.  Maria Holloway of Holloway's Home in Cosby designed a fabric panel of 12 historical churches in Sevier County.  The awesome folks here at Mountain Quiltfest designed a bus tour of these church, splitting them into 2-6 church tours.  We took the first tour this morning.  We visited each church, going inside most.  We even sang and prayed in a few of them.  We had a great lunch at the Bush Beans Cafe.  The tour was narrated by Kathy Gwinn who gave us great history, not only of the churches, but the surrounding areas and their quilts!


Skittles and a Diet Pepsi.
Great food for class!
Jackie departed the tour from Bush's Beans just before the end of the tour so that she could rest up for tonight's class "Frosted Flakes."  After returning to the LeConte Center I met up with friends Sherry Verse, Linda Hammar, and Andrea Tilmont for a short visit.  While charging my phone and stitching up madly on my 9th Appalachian Barn, I chatted with many people who stopped by to see what I was working on.  Shortly thereafter my great friends LouAnne, Georganna, and Ernestine made it down here.  We have looked at vendors all afternoon and I finally found a pattern I have been looking for, for some time.  Now, I'm waiting on Jackie as we get
ready to begin class for tonight.

I'll post pics first thing in the morning.  I've not got time to upload all my great church photos from today.  Hope ya'll are having a great week, we sure are!

Until next time, quilt on!

1 comment: