Wednesday, November 28, 2018

Of Mysteries and Christmas Decorations

Hey there everyone.  It's been a blustery, cold day here in Cruso.  Perfect for Christmas decorations and some mystery quilt sewing.  If you haven't seen yet, the amazing Bonnie Hunter, of Quiltville, has started another amazing mystery quilt called Good Fortune.  You can find details about the mystery here, www.quiltville.blogspot.com.  This is my fifth Bonnie Hunter mystery. (although last year's On Ringo Lake isn't finished yet).  As crazy as the holidays get, the Bonnie Hunter mystery is a good relaxing sewing project for me to work on. 
I am about halfway finished with Clue 1.  Clue 2 will be released on Friday.  I may not have all my four patches finished, but I'll be close.  If you haven't started yet, it's definitely not too late.  Check out Bonnie's blog.  It's a lot of fun.  You can find this week's Link-up post here https://bit.ly/2AoDbhP.  Check out everyone's progress there.

As you all know, Christmas is my absolute, most favorite holiday!!!!!  I began putting up lights last Sunday and finished this past Saturday.  I have all the lights up, but I do plan to add more next week on our barn.  So far I'm at 40,000 lights on the house.  It's definitely time for more lights.  I began decorating in the house yesterday, and I have completed about 95% of the inside decorations.  Just a few more touches and I'll be finished.  

Of course, my quilts have to take part in the Christmas decorations.  Both in quilts made specifically for Christmas and ornaments and even a yo-yo garland on one tree, you just have to have it all when you're a quilter.

My Christmas village, which includes a JoAnn Fabrics Store, took some extra configuring this year, since I gained another 8 pieces to the collection along with a number of figurines, sidewalks, fences, etc.  I had to leave a few of my old pieces out this year to accommodate the new ones.  A big shout out and thanks to my friend Crystal McMillan who gave me a number of new pieces and all of the accessories.  Also, thanks to our good friend Linda Hallatt who delivered them to me!  

I even ventured this year to decorate the kitchen more fully.  I am stoked at how well the garland above the kitchen cabinets has turned out.  The ideas started as a Pinterest idea, and I have to say this Pinterest idea was perfect and worked well.

I've also been sewing and quilting up some great Christmas presents, however I can't show those here, because you just never know who might pop up and read this, lol.  I can't wait to see faces when they get their great gifts this year.

It's almost time for me to begin working on my next Pigeon Forge Theme Quilt.  Yes, I know, that I always wait until the last minute, but hey, I work well under pressure.  Although, I have been asked to give my great longarmer, Lisa Mann, a little more time this year.  The theme this year is Drunkard's Path...My brain began turning quickly when the theme was announced at this year's Quiltfest and I knew quickly that this would have to be a Judy Niemeyer quilt.  I can't wait to get everything together and get this one started.  It's going to be great.

Speaking of Pigeon Forge and Quiltfest.  Registration opened for classes just a couple weeks ago and guess who gets to take classes with Bonnie Hunter, Linda Hahn, and Dawn Cavanaugh in one week?  You've got it.  March will be here soon and I can't wait to get with all my quilty friends and have a blast.  Are you going to be at Quiltfest in 2019.  You don't want to miss it!

Well...it's back to the working world tomorrow.  Until next time, quilt on!

2 comments:

  1. Wow, amazing decorations! The log-cabin(?) Nativity scene quilt is very striking.

    Nice start to the mystery. Quiltfest sounds fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. The log cabin Nativity was a lot of fun. It was an original design I created for Pigeon Forge's theme category several years ago

      Delete