Wednesday, March 20, 2019

Of Quiltfest, Friends, and More

It's hard to believe that a year has gone by already and A Mountain Quiltfest is here. This great show is celebrating 25 years this year! I made it to Pigeon Forge Monday an after arriving Jackie and I made a quick trip to JoAnn and the Cherry Pit before venturing out to check in and get our name badges and tote bag for the year.

We had an awesome dinner Monday night at the Point in Dandridge last night. Such great food and an awesome view on Douglas Lake.

Amy and I spent the morning on Tuesday in class with Dawn Cavanaugh in "Practice Makes Perfect". This intro to Free Motion Quilting on the domestic machine is a whirlwind full of great info and laughter. My "s" curves that were supposed to look like penguins in a line looked more like overstuffed Peeps at Easter!

After class we picked up some Quiltfest t-shirts and ran into our favorite Linda Hahn. I can't wait for our full day class with Linda today!

After lunch, we checked out Iva's Quilt Shop then I went in search of a pair of flip flops. I know it's not quite warm weather, but this boy cannot sew with a shoe on and it's much easier to slip a flip flop on and off. I finally found a pair and ordered a second for 50% off with free shipping! I'm all set for that!

Yesterday evening I made the short trip to Mom and Meg's Quilt Shop in Dandridge to see my good friend Glenda. She has the best little shop and her prices are wonderful! If you're in the area, this is a must see!!

Today is Wicked Wahini with Linda Hahn. There are 5 of us in our group taking the class together and Linda calls us her wild group. Let's see how wild and crazy this day gets!

I'm also looking forward to seeing Lou Anne, Ernestine, Charlotte, and Georganna as they arrive today!

I do want to take a minute today to ask you to say a prayer for one of my quilting friends Lynn. Lynn battled breast cancer in 2015 and beat it, but last week after some lung surgery (3rd procedure since Christmas) she found out that the cancer has returned and has made its way to the lung. She's still in the hospital, hoping to come home soon. I'm praying for Divine healing, will you join me?

Photos will come later when I can get them to post.

Until next time y'all, Quilt on!

No comments:

Post a Comment