Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Bound and Ready! Quilting 101 in Review

Hey ya'll.  Three months ago, we began the journey into quilting in my first-ever Quilting 101.  Last night, 7 students presented their quilts as we finished the inaugural 101 class.  We've had our ups and downs.  Some are still working on their quilts, some have had to step back for a while, but what a blast it has been.

As we worked and worked, we learned the basics of quilting from our machines to some of the fundamental blocks in patchwork.  We've also learned a lot more about each other.   We've joined in each others triumphs and prayed and stayed through each others sorrows, but we made it!  (Okay, I sound like I'm making a graduation speech here.)  Hey, we've had fun, and that's what counts!

As we put the bindings on our quilts last night (well some of us did, others were finished, yay), we sat down to enjoy some food and each other's company again as we said our farewells, for this class at least.



After we had some food, we shared our quilts with each other.


This journey of Quilting 101 has been a blast and I can't wait for the next time.  I hope you plan to join me for the next round of Quilting 101.  The current plan has the next Quilting 101 to begin in May 2016 with my Advanced Quilting Technique Series kicking off in mid-Summer.  Stay tuned to the blog and my website for the latest on my classes and lectures.

We all said the same thing as we departed last night, "I don't know what I'm going to do in two weeks when I don't get to come back."  It was bittersweet being finished, but it's exciting to see what we all quilt on next.  Until next time, quilt on!

No comments:

Post a Comment