Monday, November 25, 2019

A Christmas Gift-Away

Hey ya'll.  Christmas is right around the corner and I'm so excited.  Things around the house are beginning to look like Christmas.  Outside that is.  Inside will have to wait until this coming
weekend, but it's coming.



Last week, I managed to get my office at the church decorated for Christmas!  My music tree turned out great!  Some people always say, "You shouldn't decorate until after Thanksgiving", and "Don't forget Thanksgiving!"  Hey, we should always be thankful, and not relegate that time of Thanksgiving to sitting around a table with a turkey in the middle.  I say that very tongue-in-cheek, but any reason to decorate early for Christmas will work for me!


But as Christmas approaches, I've got a gift for you!  I'm releasing my first-ever, FREE pattern, The Gift.  This quick, simple pattern uses only a Fat Quarter of your favorite Christmas print and 1 yard of a coordinating print.  This will finish not only the top but the applique, binding, and backing!  It's super simple and will make a great gift for the holidays.  It can be made in just a couple hours.

The Gift is the perfect present.  It finishes at 19" x 23" so it will fit anywhere.  It can be used as a wall-hanging, table topper, or large place mat.  I've made several of these and they are super fun!  The last one I even quilted on my 1910 treadle sewing machine.  I have to say a huge thank you to Sherry Verse for hooking me up with the hopping foot for the treadle.  Quilting on the treadle is a lot of fun!

You can find the pattern for The Gift under my new Freebies! Page on the Blog.  This is my first free pattern and I hope to release more in the coming days including a mystery series in 2020!

As we get closer to the holidays, I hope to see your version of The Gift.  There's still plenty of time to get several of these made.  Share them on Facebook, Instagram, or even in the comments.  Make sure to use the hastag #crusoquiltergift when you do so we can all see them!

Until next time, Merry Christmas and quilt on!

4 comments: