Saturday, October 4, 2014

Back Again!

Hey ya'll.  It's been quite a while since my last post, and I thought it time to start writing again.  Let me say that this has been one crazy summer, filled with lots of awesome times and of course lots of great quilts.



"Snowmen at Play" by Sharon Snoddy
of Huntington, WV at AQS Charlotte.



Since I left off, I was able to visit the AQS show in Charlotte, NC.  The quilts were amazing and seeing talents from all over the globe was wonderful.  Of course, I couldn't get away without buying at least a few things.  While we were down that way, we stopped off at Mary Jo's a Fabric shop in Gastonia.  I've heard of Mary Jo's for years, but haven't ever made it there.  Let me just tell you, that they have just about anything you would possibly want and more.  If you don't have something specific in mind, you may just get overwhelmed but it was sweet.  If you're ever in the Charlotte, NC area, definitely make a stop at Mary Jo's.  It's worth it!

In August, our local group, the Cruso Friendship Club hosted our 25th Annual Quilt Show.  Due to sickness, I was called on to be the chairperson of the show.  Our show has always been a small, country show, and we didn't change that this year either.  However, with 200 items on display, an antique bed turning, demonstrations, and a few vendors, we still had a great time.  If you haven't been to the show, I definitely invite you to visit our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/crusocommunitycenter and check out all the pics from this year.  Also, put it on your calendars for next year, Friday and Saturday, August 21 & 22, 2015.
"Fall Splendor" by Angelee White of Gray, TN, featured at the
Asheville Quilt Show.

Last weekend, I also visited the Asheville Quilt Show hosted by the Asheville Quilt Guild.  I've been to their show for several years, and wasn't disappointed this year either.  They always put on a good show.

As of lately, I've worked on several projects.  I'm currently working on three specifically.  I am working on a Baby Quilt as a gift from my coworkers and myself for another one of our coworkers who has a sick child.  I'm also
My "Disappearing Hourglass"
working on a quilt to be entered in the "Mountain Heritage Challenge" in Pigeon Forge, TN in March.  The theme for this year is "All Things Beautiful" and my quilt comes from a painting of my church's building in the 1920s.  There will be lots of meticulous piecing, but I'm definitely up for the challenge.  My third project, is what I like to call a "piddle project".  It's a patriotic, disappearing hourglass quilt in red, white, and blue.  I pick this one up in between projects and blocks when I want something different.

Someone asked me how I can keep up with so many projects at once, and I like to think of it as a quilter's ADD.  I jump from one to the next when I get bored and then come back around to the first one.

It's definitely been a busy summer and start into the fall season, but as the leaves are changing and the air cools, I look forward to the slower pace of winter, and my best quilting time.  Fabric calls, so it's back to the machine.  Until next time, quilt on!

-Levi

No comments:

Post a Comment