Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Quiltfest in Review

Hey ya'll.  I've been home a few days now, and I'm finally able to sit down long enough to post.  Got home Sunday afternoon after enjoying a wonderful worship service at First Baptist Church Dandridge, TN.  It was a hit-the-ground running kind of day after I got home.  Washing clothes, unpacking etc., then off to choir practice and work yesterday.  Errands today and now I'm finally sitting.


Quiltfest was an amazing week again this year.  Saturday was a blast.  Jackie and I had had our final class on Saturday, Pipe Dreams with Donna Lynn Thomas.  I thoroughly enjoyed her class and techniques she used.  After we finished the class, we sat down with Fred to enjoy a bite of lunch in the concourse.  As we sat, I checked Facebook and had a post on the page from a friend, Amy Chaney.  She had found my quilt and took a picture with it.  The post was from about an hour earlier, so I commented back that I was eating lunch in the concourse.  About five minutes later, Amy and her friend Carmen were going through the line at the food cart directly in front of us.  We chatted a bit and I went back through the show with Amy and Carmen while Jackie and Fred went to the last bed turning and called it a day.  Amy, Carmen, and I had a lot of fun checking out more of the quilts and tossing quilt ideas back and forth.

As the show was closing and lots of the vendors and the guilds were doing their drawings, I quickly realized I had won nothing, :(, but I got a phone call from Lou Anne and she had won something from Stitch and Frame, Vicksburg, MS.  I went and picked that up for her and then went to do some shopping at the outlets while I waited to pick up my quilts.  When I returned to LeConte to pick up the quilts, I got several ideas for our own show coming up in August.  (Don't send me to a quilt show without coming back with ideas!)

Since I've been home, I've finished my Santa Redwork.  I love Delores Storm's of Lakadaisies patterns and techniques and am hooked.  I've created a Slideshow of my pictures from Quiltfest.  You can check them out here.  I didn't get a lot of pics from the quilts, but enough to let you have a taste of the show.

Quiltfest Slideshow

Until next time, quilt on!

1 comment:

  1. We had a ball with you Levi!! Can't wait for next year! Amy

    ReplyDelete