Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Hey Ya'll!

Hey y'all, I'm Levi Henson.  I am a mostly self-taught quilter and I love to share what I'm doing.  I've been quilting for about 6 years and love to try new projects and techniques.  I do work full time at a local hospital as well as volunteer as a youth director at my church and in our local community center.  My quilting time is often my quiet times.  I sneak in time to quilt as often as possible.  I often sew each morning when I get up even if it is a few minutes or just a few blocks.  This time is also when I spend a lot of time in prayer.  The hum of the machine tends to block out a lot and help me to focus on God and my projects.


I recently finished a quilt that I called "Blue All Around" that was inspired by Bonnie Hunter.  This quilt was my first attempt at quilting a large (92x92) quilt on my domestic sewing machine.  There were many struggles along the way, but it turned out amazing.  The quilt was donated to a local school PTO to be auctioned off for the school.

Right now I am working on a project from Whirligig Designs called "On the Go Tote".  This is an all-purpose bag for all of your quilting supplies.  The bag folds open to show off all of your supplies and is roomy enough for rulers, mats, cutters, scissors, threads, and so much more!  I'll have to show you a picture later.  

I love to help others learn to quilt and give advice when possible.  Maybe you have a question about a particular technique or about quilting in general.  I'd love to hear from you and would love to help you out.  I hope you stay tuned to the Cruso Quilter to see what I'm working on next, and to grow with me.  I'm always coming up with new ideas that I love to share.  God doesn't give us talents not to share them.  But for now, I must sign off.

Until next time, keep quilting!

-Levi

2 comments: