Monday, February 23, 2015

Monday with Friends


Hey ya'll.  Worked yesterday, so I was off today.  Started out the day taking a sweet quilting friend, Lou Anne, to the eye doctor.  Took along my EPP (English Paper Piecing) project.  I've been working on my "Grandmother's Flower Garden" for probably two years.  I call this my "piddle" project.  I take this with me when we go camping.  I've taken it to the beach, on vacation, doctors' offices, etc. and work on it a little at a time.  I have no deadlines, no final ideas in mind, no recipients as of yet, I'm just simply working on it, hence "piddle project."

Janie (owner of J-Creek Fabrics), myself, Jackie, and Lou Anne!
After lunch at Zaxby's, and a few other errands, we met another friend, Jackie, at our favorite LQS, J-Creek Fabrics.  Jackie and I were there to pick up fabrics for the classes we are taking at A Mountain QuiltFest in Pigeon Forge, TN in a few weeks.  Lou Anne had a few things she needed to get as well.  While at J-Creek, we saw another local quilter who is always a contributor to our quilt show.  It's always great to catch up with friends!





I loaded up today on fabrics.  Janie's selection is amazing and she is always a blast to be around.  Not only did I pick up fabric for my classes, I got a backing for the Bargello I just finished, and borders for the bright version I'm working on now.

Top: Fabrics for class "Pipe Dreams"
Bottom Left: Fabrics for "Cathedral Stars"
Bottom Right: Misc. fabrics for Bargello quilts.
Well, supper is done, now I think I'll go work on the Friendship Club Raffle Quilt and my Bargello quilts.  I said yes to working tomorrow, on my day off, so no sewing tomorrow, however it does mean I'll have some extra money for QuiltFest!  Until next time, quilt on!

No comments:

Post a Comment