Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Wednesday Work to Winter Wonderland

2 sample blocks set straight with borders.  This will be a
table topper.  The final design will be on point.
Hey ya'll.  I had to go into work for a while today, then made a quick run by the fabric store to get a couple of fabrics for my new "Linked Up" pattern I'm working on.  I'm so excited to be designing this quilt and will be sharing it with you soon!

Colors for my sample "Linked Up".

I'm using "Town and Country Blue" by Pepper Cory for Studio E Fabrics and a medium gray Kona Cotton by Robert Kaufman in the sample.



Ready to go, unfortunately the TV
wasn't.
Right about dark, the snow began to fall here.  Right now, we have somewhere between 3 and 4 inches and it's fast falling.  Will be great sledding snow tomorrow, unfortunately I must work.  I dread the drive in, in the morning.  We made snow cream a little while ago, and let me tell you Mayfield has nothing on the real thing!  This is the first snow cream we've had this year and it is soooo good.

Strips, strips, and more strips.
Ready for another gray, then
cut into units for "Linked Up"
I enjoyed watching Bonnie Hunter's Quilt Cam as I sewed lots of strips together this evening.  I recently bought a new Smart TV so that I could watch Bonnie's Quilt Cam on my TV instead of my small smart phone, but after much fussing tonight, I found out that YouTube doesn't stream LIVE events on their Smart TV app.  They say that they are working on it, but who knows how long that will take, so I just watched it on the good ol' phone.

Well, it's late, and 4:30 will come wayyyyy to early in the morning.  I had better get some sleep, unfortunately my brain is working overtime thinking of the new design, and I don't want to sleep.  That's the only disadvantage to having your studio in your bedroom!

Stay warm, and until next time, quilt on!

No comments:

Post a Comment